The Vans Warped Tour: 16 Years of Tracking Specific Changes in Audience Demographics, Band Preferences, Lifestyle, Communication, Marketing, and Sponsorship Effectiveness for Vans and the producers of the Tour
- 1st and largest Music Tour Sustainability Strategy towards making the Warped Tour the blueprint for the music industry, integrating bands, fans, and sponsor integration
- On-going, in-the-field data audits of carbon footprints, implementing best practices, GRI-based strategies, “zero waste” tours
- Online and Onsite research of event participants throughout the tour, including measurements of sustainability efforts through fans, bands, and sponsors
- Proprietary research questions for event sponsors and non-profit organizations to measure sponsorship, sustainability, and brand awareness
- Establish on-going trend forecasting reports and presentations based on new and historical data and future forecasts for tour producers to gain knowledge for potential sponsorship opportunities, advertising, brand integration, music, and on-site campaigns
- Ethnographic fashion and lifestyle trend reports
- Sustainability presentations for marketing and p.r. purposes and spread the stoke and knowledge within the industry
Winner! Vans Warped Tour for the “Best Sustainability Strategy for a Music Tour or Festival” from FestForward, presented November 23, 2015; created by #TheSustainables Group
DesignerCon: This annual convention smashes together collectible toys, customs, plush, designer apparel and so much more with urban, underground and pop art. #TheSustainables Group has been tasked to create a sustainability program for the trade show, exhibitors, retailers, conferences, and event party.
Boy Scouts of America: Deep-dive data acquisition, analysis of youth culture markets across the United States including relationship to the outdoors and sports.
- Sustainability presentations to key leaders within BSA and high-adventure basecamp sponsors
- Identified key new market, sponsorship, sustainability partners, and advertising opportunities on a monthly basis for 12 months, including brand lead generation, trade shows, and reviews
- Created sponsorship program and activation for summer music tour to connect BSA with new, diverse youth markets
- Quarterly presentations to BSA headquarters for updates on changing perceptions of BSA, brand support, and the outdoors
Outdoor Industry: 3-stage program for Outdoor Retailer and the Outdoor industry measuring effectiveness of marketing, outreach, brands, sustainability.
Snow Industries of America (SIA): 18-month Program to Determine Snowboard, Freeski Demographics, Implement Strategies for Growth, and Increase Stoke in Youth Markets
- 3-stage program to determine who the Snowboard Demographic is today based on proprietary research
- Create and implement strategies and opportunities for engaging non-snowboarders and skiers into sports and the outdoors particularly through events, urban snowboard opportunities, and sustainability
- Established on-going trend forecasting reports and presentations based on new and historical data and future forecasts to gain knowledge for potential sponsorship opportunities, advertising, brand integration, events
The Book: #TheSustainables: Tracking the Greenest Generation on Earth—Youth Culture’s Roadmap to a New Market Reality: First of it’s kind book on the research results measuring 40,000 youth opinions from 2014-2016; currently under contract by Island Press for October, 2017 publication.